Acceptable Use Policy
- 1.1 This acceptable use policy (the "Policy") sets out the rules governing:
- (a) the use of the website at www.chat2brand.co.za and https://desk.chat2brand.co.za , any successor website, and the services available on that website or any successor website (the "Services"); and
- (b) the transmission, storage and processing of content by you, or by any person on your behalf, using the Services ("Content").
- 1.2 References in this Policy to "you" are to any customer of Chat2Brand and any individual user of the Services (and "your" should be construed accordingly); and references in this Policy to "us" are to Chat2Brand (and "we" and "our" should be construed accordingly).
- 1.3 By using the Services, you agree to the rules set out in this Policy.
2. Opt-in on our service/application means:
A customer has saved the mobile number(s) associated with your channel to their mobile phone's contact list and have sent the first message.
3. By accepting this acceptable use policy you agree:
Chat2Brand is against sending unsolicited communication in any form on our platform. Chat2Brand's policy on SPAM is clear: we are completely against SPAM or junk messages. If, at any time, your business sends any form of SPAM through our service/application, your account will be suspended immediately and will remain so until we have conducted an investigation.
Unsolicited message are:
SPAM messages are:
- • Continuously sending text message(s) via your channel(s) (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Telegram) to customer(s) who have not given explicit consent to receiving such communication.
- • Your communications should only be addressed to existing customers/clientèle who have given you their express permission to send them notifications or to customers/clientèle who has contacted your business via the Chat2Brand service. You are allowed to send the first message to existing customers/clientèle by using the Contact Client button on our service.
- • When the mobile number(s) associated with your WhatsApp channel(s) are not saved in your client's phone contacts.
- • Sending text message(s) via your channel(s) (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Telegram) to people (not cutsomers) who have not given explicit consent to receiving such communication.
- • Sending a large volume of messages to opted-in customers/clientele more than twice per week.
- 3.1. Not to send messages which have not been requested by the recipient i.e. unsolicited messages.
- 3.2. Your client database has not been compiled based on purchased or rented lists, but existing customers/clientèle only.
- 3.3. Your client database list is updated and does not contain numbers from people who have subscribed more than one (1) year ago.
- 3.4. Use images, and video clips sparingly and to ensure they are optimised and compressed as much as possible. Although WhatsApp is free such media does incur a data for your customers/clientèle.
4. Chat2Brand rigorously abides by terms and conditions of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger and expects you and your employees to do the same. Please view these terms and conditions here: WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
5. Etiquette, Unsolicited Communication (SPAM) and Other Activities:
- 5.1 You must not use the Services to send any hostile communication or any communication intended to insult, including such communications directed at a particular person or group of people.
- 5.2 You must not use the Services for the purpose of deliberately upsetting or offending others.
- 5.3 You must not unnecessarily flood the Services with material relating to a particular subject or subject area, whether alone or in conjunction with others.
- 5.4 Content must not constitute or contain spam, and you must not use the Services to store or transmit spam - which for these purposes shall include all unlawful marketing communications and unsolicited commercial communications.
- 5.5 You must not use Chat2Brand Services to promote or operate any chain letters, Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, matrix programs, "get rich quick" schemes or similar letters, schemes or programs.
- 5.6 You may only use the Chat2Brand platform for purpose relating to gambling, gaming, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, prize competitions or any gambling-related activity if you hold a valid license obtained from a South African Gambling regulator.
- 5.7 Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit.
- 5.8 Content must be appropriate for all persons who have access to or are likely to access transmitted Content, and in particular for children under the age of 18 years.
- 6.1 You acknowledge that we may actively monitor the Content and the use of the Services to ensure the service is use as intended as well as to improve our services.
7. Data Mining:
- 7.1 You must not conduct any systematic or automated data scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting, or other systematic or automated data collection activity, by means of or in relation to the Services with prior consent.
8. Harmful software:
- 8.1 The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote or distribute by means of the Services, any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other harmful or malicious software, programs, routines, applications or technologies.
- 8.2 The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote or distribute by means of the Services, any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may have a material negative effect upon the performance of the service or introduce material security risks to the platform.
9. Negligent advice:
- 9.1 Content must not consist of or contain any advice, instructions or other information that may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause death, illness or personal injury, damage to property, or any other loss or damage.
- 9.2 The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote or distribute by means of the Services, any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may have a material negative effect upon the performance of the service or introduce material security risks to the platform.
10. Unlawful Content:
- 10.1 Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person.
- 10.2 Content must not infringe any copyright, moral right, trade mark right, design right, intellectual property right, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation (POPI).
11. General usage rules:
- 11.1 You must not use the Services in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Services or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Services.
- 11.2 You must not use the Services in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
12. Chat2Brand is not affiliated to WhatsApp or Facebook in any way. This usage policy may be updated from time to time and you will be notified accordingly.